Windows 10 KB5003637 & KB5003635 Cumulative Updates Released
As part of the June 2021 Patch Tuesday, Microsoft has released new cumulative updates for all supported version of Windows, including Windows 10 KB5003637 & KB5003635 for the Windows 10 May 2021 Update and Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
The cumulative updates include security fixes for PCs with May 2021 Update, October 2020 Update and May 2020 Update. In this month’s update, you can expect security fixes for the OS itself, browsers, core components and other basic functions.https://ecdn.firstimpression.io/static/html/obd_banner.html
Like every Windows Update, you can open the Settings app and click on the Windows Update option to install the patches. If you own multiple PCs or if you would like to patch the PCs manually, you can learn more about it here.
What’s new in OS Builds 19043.1052, 19042.1052, 19041.1052
The cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 and Windows 10 20H2 is KB5003637 and it comes with these fixes:
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows HTML Platform, and Windows Storage and Filesystems.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
- Updates to improve Windows OLE (compound documents) security.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
Windows 10 version 1909 is getting KB5003635, which increases the build number to 18363.1621. The Windows 10 1909 KB5003635 update includes the same set of bug fixes highlighted above.
News and Interests feed now available for everyone
This update also enables the News and Interests feed feature for everyone.https://www.ad-sandbox.com/static/html/sandbox.html
Called “News and Interests”, it is a news feed based on Microsoft News (MSN) and it will give news stories, sports scores, finance and weather information.
Windows 10’s newsfeed works just like Google Discover and it will display stories based on your interests. However, you can customize the feed by opening Microsoft Edge and Microsoft account.
The “News and Interests” feed will also include various widgets to display the weather and finance information in Microsoft Edge.