Windows 10 KB5012599 and KB5012591 Updates Released
The update has been published for November 2021 Update, May 2021 Update, and October 2020 Update. Unfortunately, this update is not available for May 2020 Update (version 2004) if you use the consumer edition, but the same update will be offered on devices using enterprise or education SKUs.
Additionally, Microsoft warned in the bulletin that this is the second to last update for versions 1909 and 20H2 (all editions), as support for the OS is set to end in May 2022.
The full list of Windows 10 updates released today are:
- Windows 10 version 1507 — KB5012653 (OS Build 10240.19265)
- Windows 10 version 1607 — KB5012596 (OS Build 14393.5066)
- Windows 10 version 1703 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1709 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1803 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1809 — KB5012647 (OS Build 17763.2803)
- Windows 10 version 1903 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 1909 — KB5012591 (OS Build 18363.2212)
- Windows 10 version 2004 — EOS
- Windows 10 version 20H2, 21H1 and 21H2 — KB5012599 (OS Builds 19042.1645, 19043.1645, and 19044.1645)
Like every Patch Tuesday, this Windows 10 cumulative update is mandatory and can be installed by going to Settings, clicking on Windows Update, and selecting ‘Check for Updates.‘
Highlighted fixes in Windows 10 Build 19044.1645
Microsoft is enabling search highlights to present notable and interesting moments of what’s special about each day—like holidays, anniversaries, and other educational moments in time both globally and in your region. To see more details at a glance, hover, click, or tap on the illustration in the search box.
Additionally, the company has fixed an issue that prevents Android device users from signing in to some Microsoft applications, such as Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Teams.
Other bug fixes and improvements are:
- Adds the ability to change the color of toast buttons to identify success and critical scenarios more easily for apps that send notifications using Windows notifications in the OS. This feature also makes notifications more visually compact.
- Adds a new policy that expands an app’s top three notifications by default in the Action Center for apps that send notifications using Windows notifications in the OS. This feature displays multiple notifications that you can interact with simultaneously.
- Addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe and prevents Microsoft Outlook’s offline search from returning recent emails.
In addition to Windows 10 update, Microsoft has also published the Windows 11 KB5012592 update with the ability to set the default browser with fewer clicks, improvements to notification center, and more.