4 Steps to Data Protection Certification For Your Business
Data protection certification training course enables you to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills, and develop the competence to perform the role of the data protection officer in a GDPR compliance program implementation.
Data protection certification was created because we believe that data security and privacy are interconnected and related risks may reside inside or outside of the information systems, yet, other information security certifications are focused on specific aspects of data protection and offer limited value. For example, some information security certifications focus on system security risks, or just address privacy of consumer information, or focus on the management aspect of information protection. Although specialized certifications offer in depth value within the scope of their programs, a comprehensive data protection training and certification program such as data protection certification is required and necessary for professionals who increasingly deal with many interconnected and global information security and privacy compliance risks.
Who should attend in data protection certification training?
- Managers or consultants seeking to prepare and support an organization in planning, implementing, and maintaining a compliance program based on the GDPR
- DPOs and individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with the GDPR requirements
- Members of information security, incident management, and business continuity teams
- Technical and compliance experts seeking to prepare for a data protection officer role
- Expert advisors involved in the security of personal data
Why should you attend data protection certification training??
As data protection is becoming more and more valuable, the need for organizations to protect these data is also constantly increasing. Besides violating the fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, not complying with the data protection regulations can lead to risky situations that could harm an organization’s credibility, reputation, and financial status. This is where your skills as a data protection officers come to place.
- Understand the concepts of the GDPR and interpret its requirements
- Understand the content and the correlation between the General Data Protection Regulation and other regulatory frameworks and applicable standards, such as ISO/IEC 27701 and ISO/IEC 29134
- Acquire the competence to perform the role and daily tasks of the data protection officer in an organization
- Develop the ability to inform, advise, and monitor compliance with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authority
- This training course is based on both theory and best practices used in exercising the role of the DPO.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study, which includes role-playing and discussions.
- The participants are encouraged to intercommunicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- Practice exercises and quizzes are similar to the certification exam.
Also Read: The 7 Fundamental Guide on SOP for Social Media Marketing
Participants attending this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of the GDPR and comprehensive knowledge of data protection requirements.
Below are the 4 steps to data protection certification for your business:
Depending on how you intend to use your certificate, we have created three different certificate types for:
- Companies with verified data protection management
- Service providers with verified data protection management
- Health insurance companies with verified data protection management
The individual stages of our data protection audit are as follows:
1. Preparation meeting
During a preparation meeting, our experts discuss how the certification will proceed before creating an individual audit plan.
2. Data protection audit
During this audit, our experts analyze all relevant departments and areas at your company:
- General data protection: Our experts will meet with your company’s data protection officer to evaluate the principles of data protection that have been implemented.
- Departments: Our experts assess the processes within your departments, from HR to sales and marketing, in terms of data protection requirements.
- Environmental safety: Our experts inspect your building and computer/server rooms to examine access options and physical data protection.
- Order data processing: Our experts examine your service contracts to assess legal requirements and identify potential external gaps in your privacy and security.
- Software check: Our experts examine the software you use to collect and process personal data.
- Online check: Does your website contain the legally required information? Among other things, our experts check whether it offers a data protection declaration and any other necessary information.
At the end of the data protection audit you will receive a preliminary summary of results.
3. Audit report
Our experts draw up their audit report based on the analysis conducted during this audit.
4. Data protection certification
Once you have passed the audit, your company will be certified as having a data protection management system that goes beyond legal requirements. This demonstrates that you care about data protection.
Data protection is a growing international risk and career field. By achieving the data protection certification status, you will demonstrate your capability in the field of information security and industry involvement.
Also read: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/accountability-and-governance/certification/