Top 3 Simple Data Backup Singapore and Recovery Methods
In today’s business environment, your data is your business. We understand that it is imperative to have proper backups and disaster recovery system in place to safeguard your data and IT assets. With a broad variety of backup choices – including virtual environment – your files, library, data, applications and systems are safe from potential failures or mishaps.
Data backup methods
- Disks or tape backup. These are the oldest of the backup methods we’re discussing. Traditional tape backups have their benefits (fairly inexpensive), but also have their drawbacks (slower backup and recovery times, and management of physical tapes). With tape, you’re sequentially backing up your data on a physical device. Hard disks offer a faster backup and recovery process than tape and include additional benefits such as deduplication and data compression.
- Hybrid cloud backup. With a hybrid cloud backup solution, you’re essentially backing up data on a local device and in a secure offsite data center for redundancy. You always have a secure local copy of your data, but you also have it stored offsite. Also, your machines are backed up to the local device first, so you don’t have to worry about the replication to the cloud affecting the performance of machines or your Internet connection. The best practice, in this case, would be to back up from the local device to a secure offsite data center after business hours (automatically of course).
- Direct-to-cloud backup. With direct-to-cloud backups, you send your data directly to the cloud, bypassing the need for a local device. In this case, you’re backing up your data in a remote data center, without the local copy in your office. Depending on your Internet speeds and specs of your machines, these backups could take much longer. Direct-to-cloud backups may make sense for data because you’re essentially doing a backup of data that already lives in the cloud!
Data recovery methods
- Recover from your local device. This only works if you have a device locally (like in the hybrid cloud backup method mentioned above). Some solutions actually allow you to spin up a virtual machine right from the device, so your business operations (applications, settings, files, folders) can all run from the device. This may be a great option if you’ve experienced server failure, or a machine has had a security compromise. And because you’re recovering from your local device, it happens quickly.
- Recover from the cloud. Other solutions require you to download your backed up data from the cloud. This involves transferring gigabytes or even terabytes of data over your Internet connection (in most cases) which could result in hours or even days of downtime. If this is the route you take, it’s imperative you find a solution that can recover from the cloud in a few minutes.
- Recover right in the cloud. If your local device is damaged, some providers can spin up a virtual machine for you right in the cloud, also known as “disaster recovery as a service”. In other words, you can continue to run these important applications right from the cloud!
Also read: https://www.winpro.com.sg/azure-cloud-backup/
These are just a few of the ways businesses back up and recover data. There are advantages to each backup method, but finding a solution that offers you the combination of fast, reliable backups and robust recovery solutions can determine how quickly and easily your business can recover.
All backup plans include
- Physical and Virtual Systems: Protect both your physical and virtual systems all in Backup Service.
- Bare-metal Recovery: You can recover your data to similar or different hardware, even from the cloud.
- Local & Cloud Storage: Our plans support local and cloud storage, backup your IT infrastructure in multiple platforms.
- File & Disk Image-based Backup: Either back up selected files in your system or even a complete disk image backup.
- Multi-level Security: Our Backup Service provides AES-256 encryption, password protection, and SSL.
- 24/7 Super Support: 24/7/365 dedicated support team covering you over email, live chats and calls
How does cloud backup work?
- Install: We’ll help you install the cloud backup tool and optimize the configuration.
- Backup: Based on the setup, your data will be backed up automatically to the cloud servers.
- Restore: With your files stored in the cloud, you can easily get them back anytime.
- Access: Access your files or folders from any connected devices anywhere! It’s that easy!
Also Read: Techniques for Pseudonymisation
Benefits of Our Backup and Disaster Recovery Software
- Fast and reliable backup and recovery: Our backup solution allows you to create an exact backup of your system and data at any point in time. After the initial back up, incremental snapshots (as often as every 15 minutes) take just seconds to image. Recover critical data by simply viewing your backup and restoring the files and folders that you need.
- Schedule automatic backups: We provides an easy to use scheduler so that point-in-time backups can be taken automatically while you work. Schedule full or incremental backups of your system and data.
- Save backups to any location: Our backups can be saved to USB, an attached storage device or network location. Backups can be saved either on-site or off-site. This solution is also used to backup offsite to the Internet or cloud.
- View backup files for quick file and folder recovery: Point-in-time backups can be assigned a drive letter as a read-write or read-only volume. The mounting features allow you to restore files and folders or update an existing point-in-time backup.
Protect critical data with services designed avoid data loss and downtime, reduce risk and total cost of ownership, and promote real-time data availability and virtually instant data recovery while mitigating regulatory compliance issues.
Also read: https://www.fujitsu.com/sg/services/infrastructure/baas/