Windows 10 20H2 Coming in October, Final Preview Build Released
Microsoft has officially announced the Windows 10 October 2020 Update and it’ll begin rolling out to consumers in October. This new feature update comes with theme-aware Start Menu, Alt-Tab improvements, Chromium Edge pre-installed and bug fixes.
If you do not want to wait until then, Microsoft says you can download and install the feature update by joining Release Preview Ring of Windows Insider program.
Microsoft says Build 19042.508 is likely to be the final build and it has been moved to the Release Preview channel so that it can be tested furher before the final release in October.
In addition, Microsoft is also beginning to roll out the October 2020 Update automatically for Insiders who are in the Beta Channel.
How to get the update now
The easiest and faster way to download and install the next feature update is to join the Windows Insider program and enroll in the Release Preview Ring.
This allows you to use the Windows Update settings app in Windows 10 to download the Windows 10 20H2 bits from Microsoft’s servers.
If you’re a member of the Windows Insider Program (join it from Microsoft’s website), here’s how you can download and install the next feature update before everyone else:
- Open Start menu.
- Click on Cog icon to access Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Insider Program or simply search ‘Windows Insider program settings’ on Cortana to skip the navigation steps.
- Click Get Started on Windows Insider page.
- Link your Microsoft account (Email should be the one that you used earlier to sign up for Insider program).
- You can get into the Release Preview channel by selecting ‘Just fixes, apps, and drivers’ option. This option is also known as just ‘Release Preview’.