Windows 11 KB5013943 Update Fixes Screen Flickers and .NET App Issues
Microsoft has released the Windows 11 KB5013943 cumulative update with security updates, improvements, and fixes for screen flickers in Safe Mode and a bug causing some NET 3.5 apps not to open.
KB5013943 is a mandatory cumulative update as it contains the May 2022 Patch Tuesday security updates for vulnerabilities discovered in previous months.
Windows 11 users can install today’s update by going to Start > Settings > Windows Update and clicking on ‘Check for Updates.’
Windows 11 users can also manually download and install the KB5013943 preview update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
What’s new in the Windows 11 KB5013943 update
After installing today’s non-security update, Windows 11 will have its build number changed to 22000.675.
The Windows 11 KB5013943 cumulative update includes approximately 27 improvements and fixes, with five highlighted fixes or changes listed below:
- Microsoft fixed a bug that caused .NET Framework 3.5 apps not to open. Only apps that used Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components had this problem.
- Microsoft fixed a known issue that would cause your screen to flicker if you start Windows 11 in Safe Mode.
- Microsoft fixed an issue with video subtitles being partially cut off or not correctly aligned.
- If you align your taskbar to the left, Windows 11 will now display the temperature on top of the weather icon.
- The minimize, maximize, and close buttons now work as expected when using app windows.
As Microsoft no longer provides complete release notes in their cumulative update bulletins, you can review the list of changes in the April preview release to see what has been fixed.
Outsourced Data Protection Officer – It is mandatory to appoint a Data Protection Officer. We help our clients quickly comply with their PDPA & data protection requirements.
Vulnerability Assessment Penetration Testing – Find loopholes in your websites, mobile apps or systems.
Smart Contract Audit – Leverage our industry-leading suite of blockchain security analysis tools, combined with hands-on review from our veteran smart contract auditors.